This property is not currently available. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market.

Established Sandwich Bar In Cardiff

Business ID:
  • Ref: 2084
  • Type: Catering
  • Availability: Sold
  • Business ID: 2084
  • Price Postfix: Veritas
  • Make Enquiry

Full Details

Sandwich Bar & Caterers In Cardiff For Sale
Ref 2084

This outstanding Sandwich Bar business is located within a prominent trading position just a few minuets from Cardiff City Centre. The area benefits from a lot of private and university investment for accommodation blocks, one housing 90 students and the other housing 330 students. Both of these blocks are within 150 meters of the business and will be operational come the new term in September. The shop is surrounded by complementary independent retailers along with Tesco express, residential properties and plenty of free parking. Cardiff offers a startling range of unique attractions, top class entertainment, quality shopping and an array of bars and restaurants.

Business information
Asking Price: £77,500 plus SAV
Turnover: £156,000 pa
Stock: £2,000

Original lease term: 13 years
Remaining: 11 years
Reviewed: 5 yearly
Rent: £15,600 pa
Rates: zero

Business Description
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this respected Sandwich Bar concern which is located in Cardiff City centre. The business has been established since 2004 and has been in the careful hands of my clients since 2015 and is reluctantly being offered for sale due to them wanting to relocate. Since ownership they have continually invested in new equipment along with fixtures & fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time. The business is owner operated and requires the help of 1 full time 6 part time members of staff and has an annual turnover of around £156,000.The retail sales which equates to 75% of the turnover serves a fine selection of hot & cold sandwiches, baguettes, panini’s, jacket potatoes, salad boxes, daily specials, cakes, cold drinks and specialist teas & coffees. The remaining 25% comes from buffets & business lunches. All foods are freshly prepared on site using only the finest locally sourced produce. We believe that there is further potential to increase trade by extending upon the current opening times, opening on Saturdays and expanding the outside catering which has not been marketed or pushed. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade along with many passers by. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established business that still has further growth potential which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.

Opening Hours
Monday – Friday – 7.30am – 3.30pm
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed

Ground Floor
Retail comprising: Serve over chilled display counter, espresso coffee machine (Chiappa), coffee grinder, electronic cash register, menu boards, preparation area, breakfast bar style seating for (6) and a drinks chiller.
Hallway with telephone and fax machine.
Preparation room comprising: hand wash basin, stainless steel double sink, steel work table, griddle x 2, shelving, convector oven (Blue Seal), double panini grill, commercial microwave x 2, 2 metre under counter fridge and CCTV monitor.
2nd Preparation room comprising: 3 x upright stainless steel fridges, work tops, shelving, labelling machine, 3 x chest freezers and under counter fridge
Dry Stores with free standing stainless steel racking, washing machine, chest freezer and staff seating.
W/C and hand wash basin

Rear yard
Rear parking for (1)

The retail benefits from laminate flooring and ambient lighting.